Most parents claim that there are many advantages of home schooling that makes it a better option than public schooling. They are glad that they chose home schooling to educate their children. For those of you who are considering home schooling for your child, these advantages may help you make your decision.
The Benefits Of Home Schooling
• There are many advantages of home schooling, the most prominent one being that you can be with your children throughout their education. You are the best judge of your child’s needs and you will be able to teach your child the best way that suits both of you.
• You can give full attention to your child which is not possible in a public school as the classes have a large number of students. Your child will therefore be able to learn better and you can even repeat lessons if required.
• With home schooling, you can choose a curriculum that suits your needs. You do not have to strictly follow any schedule or set curriculum. You enjoy a great deal of flexibility.
• In a home schooling environment, your child learns much more than what is in the curriculum. Your child can learn valuable social lessons by helping you with everyday activities like grocery shopping, cooking and looking after the sick in the family. These things help in making your child a more complete person and are never taught in a public school.
• At home, you are in control so you are able to discipline your child well. Children usually are carried away by peer pressure at school and learn many bad behaviors. This can be avoided in a home schooling situation. You can instill the kind of values and behavior that you believe in.
• Many people think that home schooling deprives your child of social skills but that is not true. Home schooled children have better social skills than public school children do as per recent research. This is because they indulge in social interaction with people of all age groups in and around the home, whereas children from public schools only mix with their peer groups.
• The biggest advantage according to most parents is that there is greater family bonding with home schooling. You are with your child most of the time so stronger family ties are built. Children from public schools hardly spend time with family as they are away at school the whole day. Home schooled children have the advantage of experiencing a full family life as well as getting the education they need.