Donald Trump’s campaign slogan is “Make America Great Again.“
What does that mean?
- Trump talks about bringing jobs back to America and putting people to work.
- Trump talks about negotiating better trade deals that will put America first.
- Trump talks about lowering taxes and reducing regulations.
- Trump talks about rebuilding our military making it the strongest in the world.
- Trump talks about destroying ISIS and winning the war against radical Islamic terrorism.
- Trump talks about rebuilding our infrastructure.
- Trump talks about protecting our borders and controlling immigration.
- Trump talks about making America energy independent.
- Trump talks about America winning again, and again, and again.
Yeah all those things sound great, but is that what makes America great?
This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord. – Jeremiah 9: 23-24
What makes America great?
It is knowing WHO makes America (or any nation) great.
It is God who makes America great. It is following His decrees, commands, and judgments that makes any nation great. It is living lives filled with kindness, justice, and righteousness that makes a nation great.
Our Founders understood what made America great and stated that in the first words of the Declaration of Independence. America was great when we revered those words: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.“
Certainly “life, liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” included jobs, prosperity, freedom, sovereignty, and property… but also much more. Most importantly they understood and acknowledged WHO endowed us with those unalienable Rights.
19th century French statesman, historian and social philosopher, Alexis de Tocqueville, writing in Democracy in America, summed it up this way:
“I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors…; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.“
When King Solomon was making Israel great again, rebuilding it’s cities and rebuilding the temple, God spoke to him saying:
… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. – 2 Chronicles 7:14
God goes on to say to Israel’s leader, Solomon:
“As for you, if you walk before me faithfully as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor to rule over Israel.’
“But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. This temple will become a heap of rubble. – 2 Chronicles 7:17-21
Folks, if America is to be great again it won’t be because of it’s great wealth, power, or prestige in the world. Is being great only about physical success and having a prosperous economy?
America will never be great again until we get on our knees and cry out to our Creator in repentance and turn from our wicked ways.
- How can America be great when we expel God from the public square?
- How can America be great when it’s people are confused about their gender and which bathroom to use?
- How can America be great when it’s families are being destroyed and homosexuals are marrying?
- How can America be great when we allow the scourge of abortion to reign supreme?
- How can America be great when we allow babies to be harvested for the profitable sales of their body parts?
- How can America be great when we tolerate lying and corruption at all levels of society, even among our national leaders?
- How can America be great when we continue to debase our currency and permit fraudulent speculation in our financial markets where those ruling elite at the top get all the benefits and those main-street Americas shoulder all the burden?
Jobs, infrastructure, prosperity, military might, national sovereignty, and being a winner might be attractive qualities to strive for, but when all that is offset by the moral decay we have in this country, America can never be great.
If America is to be great again, she must get her priorities straight again.
Will Donald Trump make America great again? Or might he contribute to it’s destruction?
Trump is considered by many to be an “outsider,” one that is not tainted by the corruption in Washington. He may be an outsider in political terms, but is he really an outsider in more global terms? Take a look at his team of advisors. They’re not outsiders. They are members of the CFR, Bilderberg, globalist supporting individuals, neo-con war mongers, and military industrial complex supporters. Some are holdovers from George Bush and Bill Clinton administrations. These are NOT outsiders.
Make no mistake about it… I am NOT suggesting that Hillary Clinton would make a better choice. I believe that if she were to become our Commander in Chief and President, America would be doomed. She is not only a bad choice, but I believe she is likely demonically possessed and would only drive this country to new depths of depravity and evil.
I’m all in favor for the things Donald Trump wants for making America great again. It’s refreshing to hear someone in the public sphere telling it like it is with no political correctness spin. I’m happy to hear somebody speaking about holding people accountable for their actions.
But, will Donald Trump make America great again? I don’t think so.
He speaks some nice populist rhetoric, but it’s the things I don’t hear him say that worries me. Besides the 2nd Amendment, I hear very little about upholding the rest of the United States Constitution. He says he will do HUGE things for America, but he does not share just exactly HOW he will do it. It’s encouraging to hear him talk about “winning,” but I’m concerned that his source for winning does not seem to come from God but rather from Donald Trump’s previous accomplishments.
Yes, let’s Make America Great Again! But let’s do it God’s way… 2 Chronicles 7:14.