Last week your concerned reader procured issue with my negative comparison of the Occupy Wall Street protests to the Tea Party rallies-in certain my statement which “Tea Party rallies have been amazingly peaceful, with truly single arrest… across 100s of cities and 1000s of events… ” The subscriber was correct-there were the truth is Tea Party arrests My partner and i overlooked.
In April of 2011, Sean Canelos was arrested in Mohave Regional, Arizona for using a flag hat in the county supervisors’ assembly that prohibited being dressed in hats.
In Feb . of 2010, Mervin Melted was arrested with Kingman, Arizona for taking a symbolic pitchfork for a protest in some sort of county administration building. Fried argued that county already allowed citizens to hold guns-a more damaging weapon-into government houses, and was after acquitted.
Most infamously, in November of 2009, ten protestors offended over ObamaCare were arrested for undertaking disorderly conduct out of Nancy Pelosi’s company in Washington, Debbie. C. The ralliers were discovered to enjoy been organized by rabid anti-abortion activist and Democrat Randall Terry involving Operation Rescue.
This is it! A dozen Tea Party arrests in two-and-a-half a long time, most tied to help you anti-abortion protestors. Specified the media’s left-wing slant, you will be sure that every arrest ever made at a Herbal tea Party rally with the tiniest hamlet in the united kingdom has been diligently documented.
Now this we’ve gotten which straight, let’s check out the arrest capture of Occupy Walls Street, which merely hit its one-month wedding anniversary:
• Several months ago in Manhattan, over 700 protesters had been arrested for marching into the vehicular lanes in the Brooklyn Bridge with police orders in addition to cutting off potential customers;
• Last Tuesday 129 protestors were arrested in Birkenstock boston and 6 in D. C. to get trespassing and disorderly carryout;
• On Saturday 92 protestors were arrested in Nyc for occupying some branch of Citibank, trashing down police difficulties, and other criminal acts;
• Also with Saturday, 53 protestors around Tucson, 24 in Denver, and 19 in Raleigh had been arrested for occupying public parks after closing time;
• On On the 175 protestors within Chicago were arrested for installing a tent town and occupying Congress Plaza near Federal Park;
• Also on Sunday, forty six protestors were rotting in jail in Phoenix for refusing to evacuate a public park at closing time
This is merely takes a simple partial list together with includes only roundups at most high-profile rallies within the biggest cities.
Let’s take into account the recent riots elsewhere, mostly in Western Europe, inspired through the Occupy Wall Streets protests. In Paris on Saturday, authorities arrested protestors with regard to breaking windows, wrecking statues, spraying graffiti on churches, vandalizing bank lobbies and ATM units, smashing police cruiser motorcycles, and setting dumpsters, cars and trucks, and military depots burning down; attacking police by means of batons, rocks, containers, fire extinguishers, and additionally bombs; injuring many hundreds innocents, mostly law enforcement; and causing millions in harm to public property and untold harm to private property.
(In a particular delicious footnote, Roman protestors expressed indignation that authorities hadn’t made more arrests within their most violent compatriots early, so that the main group wouldn’t get discredited. Damned if you ever enforce the regulation, damned if you may not. )
So let’s examine the totals: 12 arrests with the Tea Party rallies, which were going on with regard to 30 months; and 1200 arrests with the Occupy Wall Street mobs, which have been completely going on for month.
It’s awfully tight, but I’m about to have to claim that Occupy Wall Street is less law-abiding as opposed to the Tea Party. Yet to learn the mainstream mass media present it, Occupy Wall Street is every bit as peaceful and legitimate as the Tea Party.